and I want to make a donations post so I can get a tiny studio apartment near the uni I got accepted to but the last donations post resulted in about a hundred different rape/death threats for daring to ask for help and it’s a tad bit off-putting
whatever, I’m gonna have to do it sooner or later or I won’t be able to go to school
like I’m literally having nightmares every fucking night about what happened and have been for the past two months
my PTSD has gotten so fucking bad
my sailor moon vest that started out as just a white vest !!
everything by me except the pins on the front pockets and the “pizza my heart” patch
partner in crime’s (sailor jupiter) vest here
today we were talking about queer media and did you know i’m a Queer Media Author myself? i write The Solstice War, a story with several queer characters who fight capitalists and experience feels and have their mail read against their will. you can read it here if you want.
Confession: I confess I worry I am a bigot. I know making love interests “playersexual” is intended to be inclusive and maximize options, that RPGs are largely about fantasy wish-fulfillment, and that my playthrough is not affected by anyone else’s. But knowing every potential love interest could go either way decreases my immersion because I know this is statistically uncommon. I preferred my party having a mix of orientations: it felt more real.
Repeat after me, OP: Four bisexual people in the same city is not less realistic than:
- Magic that you can use to cause flame or ice or lightning fly from your fingertips
- Literal Demons
- Literal Spirits that take possession of people
- Elves that run around barefooted literally everywhere.
- A culture that worships dogs using “bitch” as an insult
- (seriously did NO ONE in the writer’s room raise their hand and go “Wait a second here maybe we should rethink this…”?)
- An ancient order that uses the blood of corrupted monsters of an unknown sinister origin to allow them to fight said monsters better.
- USING LAVA AS A LIGHT SOURCE WHERE YOU ARE IN AN ENCLOSED CAVE STANDING FIVE FEET AWAY FROM IT AND DOING JUST FINE.
- GIANT FUCKING SPIDERS SERIOUSLY I AM TALKING HUMMER SIZED
- Cutting people apart and stitching them back together frankenstein style and having that actually work.
- Giant gray-skinned horned people.
So, yes, OP. If you’re going “The fact that four bisexuals are in the same city and also hang out together, THAT’S what breaks my immersion” you might want to rethink your priorities. Sorry, but them’s the breaks.
Also bisexuals huddle together for warmth and travel in packs. So. Yeah.
*upper middle class fucker voice* But you have [one nice thing] so how are you poor