Two brides have become two of the most kickass women in the world by marrying to protest against homophobia in Russia.
Alina Davis, a 23-year-old trans woman, and Allison Brooks, her 19-year-old partner, donned matching white floor-length bridal gowns and married at a civil registry office earlier this month.
As Davis is still legally regarded as male, the office had no choice but to hand them a marriage certificate.
The couple said officials chided them, and appeared to be violent.
‘She called us the shame of the family and said we need medical treatment … I was afraid my pussycat [an affectionate pet name in Russian] would beat the fuck out of her,’ Davis said on her VK page.
But the couple were allowed to sign the papers, meaning a gay couple in Russia are legally recognized as married – even if it’s through a loophole.
‘This is an important precedent for Russia,’ Davis said.
Russia banned same-sex marriage and outlawed ‘gay propaganda’ in 2013.
holy jesus look at these two warrior princesses
they are my heroes
YOU GO GIRLS
"Oh, you don’t wanna recognize my gender? Okay then lol guess you have to recognize my marriage"
that is amazing
Okay but other reports state that Alina identifies as androgyne but feels more comfortable as a woman, it definitely is trans excellence but the label she uses is not reported correctly here.
Thanks for the info! (This means it’s not only trans excellence but also NONBINARY EXCELLENCE YEAH!)
I made an indiegogo campaign for my surgery with REWARDS!! Please share this!
My name is Charley and I am a 20 year old disabled trans artist. I have been trying my best to save up for a much-needed chest surgery which would majorly improve my quality of life, but being disabled and trans makes it very hard to find work even if I was physically able. I am doing my best to get by every day, but the possibility of affording this surgery at my current time seems nearly unattainable and hopeless. I am hoping that with this campaign, I can finally make this goal a reality, or at least get much closer to affording it!
If even half the people who liked and reblogged this post donated a dollar I’d be over a thousand dollars closer to a life saving surgery. Please spread this, not everyone can donate but reblogging and sharing makes it visible to more and more people who might be able to donate
if the potato salad could get shit tons of donations i will be disappointed in all of you if this doesn’t
yeah thats right i went there
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza
(Source: merosezah, via enby-rainbow-flame)
behold, it is i, the evil social justice warrior, here to ruin your fun by pointing out that you’re being kind of an asshole
GAY PRINCESSES ARE THE BEST KIND OF PRINCESSES TO EXIST <3
(Source: bombprince, via daughterofargus)
Find some one cooler than William Marshal, the only man to unhorse Richard the Lionheart (more like the Overrated) and regent in the minority of the then 9 year old Henry III, who was the son of KIng John who has been described by historian John Gillingham as a "shit". Nearly everyone had abandoned the young king except Marshal who aged 70 vowed to never give up on HIM, and led the fight back against a French invasion. While storming the walls of Lincoln his men chanted "GOD HELPS THE MARSHAL!"
fuck all monarchies actually
What they won’t show you on CNN tonight: Ferguson residents line a parade of roses down W Florissant, leading to where Mike Brown was taken from this world. #staywoke #powerful #insolidarity
neoliberalismkills Nihilist anarchism forever comrade <3
ily comrade, you’re fantastic and beautiful ~